The Good, The Bad, The Nerdy

Jacob Binder, Staff Writer

Many people often think of Mondays to be the worst thing that could ever happen to a person, a fate worse than death if you will, however there is a club that aims to make Monday afternoons more bearable, that club being the Gamer’s Guild. The Gamer’s Guild, meeting every Monday afternoon from 2:45 to 3:30, sets up several consoles in Room 2014 and invites students of all grades to hang out and play some games.

“We play games together and discuss over the mechanics, history, and lore of said games,” senior Nick Perez said. “The games we discuss include Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, and anything that’s going to come out soon, though mostly Nintendo games. Occasionally other games such as Undertale will come up in conversation. We mainly play Super Smash Bros. though last year we did play Pokemon and occasionally we played Mario Kart.”

If you’re also available Thursday afternoon there’s also the Dungeons and Dragons Club, taking place in Room 1204 from 2:45 to 4:30. There, nerds of all grades and walks of life gather around a table to play the age old game of Dungeons and Dragons.

“In the Dungeons and Dragons Club, Pathfinder and other Nerd Games club.”, says club president William Bradford. “Our operations revolve solely around the playing of Pathfinder and other various roleplaying games. Although Tabletop RPG’s are our main focus, we also have space for those wishing to play other games that fall into our “Geek” category, including Pokémon, Magic the Gathering, and probably others that I can’t think to name. Nerds of all ages and genders are welcome in our club.”