Cheerful or Irritating?

Roberto A Montiel, Managing Editor

Extra-Long lines

Whether it’s dressing up as a ghoul or eating a giant turkey stuffed with delicious goodness or drinking hot cocoa by the fireplace and waiting for the big red guy to come bring that new laptop, holidays are some of the most fun and exciting times of the year. Some people, however, would like to disagree.

There are some great things about the breaks from school and spending quality time with close friends and family. What about the worst things about the holidays? Here are some students that have “interesting” opinions about the holidays.

“I hate feeling like a bloated whale after the big holiday dinners” sophomore Claudia Daboin said. “All the food is irresistible so people can’t help themselves.”

While it is true that the holiday food is delicious and stuffing one’s face every once in a while feels good, this is not the only thing about the holidays that really bothers people.

“Last minute shopping,” senior Tara Nayak said. “It feels like nine out of ten people forget whether its Thanksgiving, Black Friday, or even Christmas! The lines get absurdly long.”

Even on regular days it seems store lines are really long.To get an accurate picture, imagine the entire student body crammed into a Walmart—that is what last minute holiday shopping is like.

“I hate the lack of true holiday spirit and hence the lack of real traditions,” senior Ryan Lambreghts said. “It lacks the old feel of family togetherness.”

family traditions