The Hype Awakens

The Hype Awakens

Jacob Binder, Staff Writer

The new Star Wars movie, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, is coming out on December 18th, 2015. Every Star Wars fan is shaking with excitement and eagerly awaiting the next addition to the long hailed franchise. As a fan myself, I couldn’t resist sitting down and talking to Seven Lakes principal, Ted Vierling, who is known for his overwhelming love of Star Wars.

Principal Ted Vierling

What do you think about the new antagonists?

“I’m interested to see how they tie in to the story and to see where they came from. I hope they don’t kill them off in one movie.”

What are you most excited for in the new movie?

“Seeing the old characters. I’m really excited about the old characters because that’s what I grew up with … You guys grew up with the newer stuff and I grew up with the old stuff and I’m hoping that’s what they go back to.”

What do you think about some of the new characters?

“It’s going to be interesting seeing the new characters blend with the old ones. Each new character has it’s connection with an old character, like the new bad guy replaces Darth Vader, so it’s kinda cool to see how they are going to be connected.

What do you think of the new female antagonist, Captain Phasma?

“It looks like she’s going to be the first real female antagonist, in the movies at least, and that’s an interesting concept. It’s the first female stormtrooper in the movies. Women play a big role in the new movie. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.”

Bonus Quote

“I’m still trying to decide whether or not I’m going to skip school the day it comes out, I might have to skip school that day. I do believe they call it Wookie Hookie, that’s the official terminology for it.

Sophomore Peter Barnette

What’s going to be better, the special effects or the acting?

“I feel that the Special Effects are going to be better than any other Star Wars because it’s more modern, and has better technology. I’m excited that  they’re going to be bringing back Harrison Ford and other major characters, but I’m not sure if they’re going to be as good of an actor as they were.”

What do you think of the new stormtrooper design?

“I like the helmet a lot, that’s the main difference I’ve noticed. It looks a lot more menacing than before. I thought the old ones looked kinda dorky. The new ones look extra bad. It also looks a lot more high tech and streamlined.”

What do you think about the new lightsaber?

“I didn’t mind that the lightsaber had the crossguard things, I mean you might accidentally cut your fingers off, but you’re probably not gonna do that because you’re a sith lord.”