Mon. May 25th, 2020

THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF SEVEN LAKES HIGH SCHOOL

ComedySportz Dustin Memorial Match

ComedySportz Players and Varsity Athletes Come Together To Remember Past Spartan, Dustin Kruthaupt

Every year, the ComedySportz team holds the Dustin Memorial Match to honor past varsity football member, and ComedySportz team player, Dustin Kruthaupt. Kruthaupt was a prevalent member of the Spartan community, extremely involved in both football and ComedySportz. Tragically, he passed away on June 15, 2013, shortly after his high school graduation. To commemorate his joyful spirit, the ComedySportz team and varsity athletes go head-to-head in a ComedySportz match that has become a team favorite over the years.

“This match memorializes a really great guy,” team co-captain and senior Mckenna Hill said. “[Dustin] impacted all of those around him, and being able to give some of that back makes the match all the more special.”

This year’s match on Feb. 5 marked the seventh annual occasion and was the biggest yet. All of the profits gained from this match specifically went towards the Studio VII charity of the year, the Crisis Intervention of Houston Hotline, as well as for a scholarship which is given to an influential ComedySportz team member at the end of the year.

“It’s a great match held for an even greater cause,” team co-captain and junior Jon Schulte said. “We aim to honor Dustin in the best way we know how  making other people happy.”