Thu. Apr 9th, 2020

THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF SEVEN LAKES HIGH SCHOOL

“Rise” Up to See the 2019 Sensations Show

Senior Sensations Members Vinisha Vasan and Javier Cardona Reflect On The Work Put Into Their Upcoming Show.

Every year, the Sensations Choir performs songs from a multitude of musical  productions combined into one show. Coming off the success of last year’s show, on Nov. 1 and Nov. 2, Sensations will be performing their very first public performance of the year called “Rise.”

“‘Rise’ [is about] essentially overcoming adversity and how it is a process that involves multiple stages,” senior and choir President Vinisha Vasan said. “The show beautifully encapsulates this concept by taking the audience through the stages of life that everyone experiences.”

While the end production may seem effortless, preparing for a Sensations show is much more difficult than one might expect.

“[You] have to fight through the constant fatigue of rehearsals, which is especially difficult when they’re dance rehearsals, as well as meet the high standards Sensations is held at,” senior and first-year Sensations member Javier Cardona said. “We have rehearsals almost everyday after school, including some Saturdays, all throughout the month of October.”

Even with all of the turmoil and hardships, Sensations members withstand to put on a show of their caliber, finding passion in their work.

“The most rewarding [part of Sensations] is being able to sing with talented singers, as well as your friends,” Vasan said. “My favorite part of this show is the song ‘Everywhere You Are’ from the musical ‘James and the Giant Peach’ [because it] expands on the idea that your friends and family will always be there for you.”

The show will take place in the PAC with performances on Nov. 1 at 7 pm and Nov. 2 at 2 pm and 7 pm, $8 per student and $12 per adult.

“People should come see the show because each of us has put so much love and tears in our songs,” Cardona said. “Our passion is really reflected in our performance.”